This should go to the discussion list (and I redirected it there).

Is the column set to allow nulls?  If not, that's your issue.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
    -- George Orwell, 1945