"Dean H. Saxe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This should go to the discussion list (and I redirected it there).

I apologize, this is my first attempt at trying to ask a question to the ACFUG and I just replied to an email that I received.

Is the column set to allow nulls? If not, that's your issue.

Yes, it is set to accept nulls.  The issue is the form passes a "" and when it tries to update a smalldate and a money field in the table it throws and error.  I put the SQL statement generated in the CF error into Enterprise Manager and dissected it field by field. The error that I get from Enterprise Manager  is invalid data type or length.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people
what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell, 1945