This is actually one of the biggest security problems on the internet
right now, unprotected web services, remoting services, AJAX services.
 You can actually solve this a number of different ways. You might
check out the "Securing Web Services" section in the docs first:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/webservices_22.html

There is also a link on that page to "Securing Applications":
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/appSecurity_01.html

Lastly, I would say that it's good to remember that any sessions you
create on a CFM page should also be accessible in your CFCs, as long
as they share a common Application.cfc file.  This is a great way to
enforce a common security model across CFM and CFC code...

-Cameron

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Clarke Bishop
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have one remaining problem to solve in my adventure with CF/Ajax. The CFCs
> have to have access="remote".
>
> But, this means anyone can access the methods. What I built is a
> master/detail, CRUD thing for administering users. So, I obviously don't
> want some unauthorized person deleting my users or adding new ones.
>
> Normally, I've used access="public" before which wouldn't let an outside
> user get to the methods. But, what's the best way to give access to my valid
> CFM pages with Ajax and prevent access by bad guys?
>
> Thanks for any ideas!
>
>    Clarke

Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc