On 14 January 2018 at 13:23, Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tomer and all,
>
> I am mostly aware of the HackNights. The one I attended was not geared
> towards new contributors. I was not aware of other types of meetings.

While this was true in the past, in the past couple of months we have been
trying to focus more on new comers.
As part of this effort, we are now actively looking for mentors who are
active open source contributors and can guide new contributors.
We are open to feedback on how we can make new comers more welcome and
on-board them better.

> I also see the "Women do Open Source" event Lior runs. I don't know how
> could I cooperate with that given that I am not a woman.
> Any suggestions?
> I can and will include the link to that event in my announcement to the
> Code-Mavens in case some of the members prefer a women only event.
>
> The emphasis in the workshops I organize is cooperation, mutual help, and
> empathy towards the other participants.

These are all important topics. I believe we try to encourage them as well,
but we are always be happy to learn how we can improve and do better.

--
יום טוב,
תומר בריסקר