Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback thus far - this is going to help inform my ongoing
discussions within Microsoft and I feel like we are getting to the heart of
pros/cons/concerns around MSSQL + Django.

I appreciate there are diverse stances on this subject, and feel like this
conversation is a helpful one. To be clear, my mission here is to ascertain
if there might be a mutually beneficial solution.

Cheers,
Warren

On Friday, 1 April 2022 at 08:40:20 UTC-7 matthew.pava wrote:

> I agree with Tim’s sentiment here. Had a solid SQL Server backend been
> available 7 or 8 years ago, I would probably have used that due to the
> requirements from my supervisor. I had to convince him that PostgreSQL
> would be just as good.
>

> Based on what I read on the Git page, though, the backend doesn’t pass
> some tests that it seems like it ought to. Once it is better, as Tim
> already stated, I would absolutely support and wish and hope that SQL
> Server would become a part of core. It is one of the most popular database
> backends in use.
>

> One argument was made that we don’t need to add any other database
> backends to core because they are doing fine as third-party dependencies.
> To that I would ask, why have any database backend in core then? Why not
> have them all be third-party dependencies?
>

> Just my two cents,
>
> Matthew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/bf791478-543c-4438-afd9-b3861fe57d5en%40googlegroups.com.
  • Rev... Warren Chu
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Warren Chu
    • ... Daryl
    • ... Florian Apolloner
      • ... Carlton Gibson