The URL encoding is not causing any problems in my code. Splitting the
parameter on '+' works the same whether the address is 'Goo+Goo+Dolls'
or 'Goo%2BGoo%2BDolls'.

I can certainly add additional expressions to catch URLs with and
without the trailing slash, I was just hoping there was an option to
do just that.