Wow, that was a tricky one to track down...

After putting debug output in django/template/loaders/filesystem.py I
saw that filepath was set to:

    '/Users/rob/git/anglers/anglers/templates/('book/
search_form.html',)'

I back tracked that and found that I had a trailing comma in my view
code:

    if not template:
        template = 'book/search_form.html',

I take it that gets interpreted as a single value tuple.  D'oh!  That
got there from a refactor where I copy/pasted that string when it was
in an extra_context dictionary and didn't notice the comma.

What's interesting to me, is that the file path got converted
correctly in the debug output but not in the template loader itself.

-Rob