>  http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2009/03/load-spikes-and-excessive-memory-usa...

Wow. Thanks. I'm reading your entire blog now - it is really helpful.
I just realised how little I know about this. Your blog is certainly
the best resource on this topic I've ever seen.

Since I'm currently running lighttpd which has a fair bit of config
that I don't want to move, I'm going to probably run that in front of
apache rather than nginx. (at least for now and assuming it "just
works")

Le Roux