On the (US English) download page, inside the box for the chosen version
it reads:
<Q>
LibreOffice 5.4.0 release notes
Supplementary Downloads:
Help for offline use: English (US) (Torrent, Info)
need another language?
</Q>
The installer file for the off-line/local help facility, is offered as
"Supplementary" (additional) to the main installation file, because it
is a convenience option, not an essential requirement to use the
software. If the off-line help is not installed the software
automatically attempts to provide the on-line equivalent in the user's
web browser. If you have a suggestion for the "simple fix" rewording to
convey this in a few words, we can put it forward to the website team.
"Few words", because everything has to be translated into many
(https://www.libreoffice.org/community/nlc/) languages, by our
(overworked) translation volunteers.

Oliver was not suggesting the wiki is not a good source of information.
The wiki content has been built up over a number of years and in some
areas it would benefit from a bit of housekeeping. As with all things in
open source software, there is always much more work to be done than
there are hands to do it.

You seem to be looking for some kind of single reference source that
will inform people about everything within the complex structure of this
fairly large project. Can you give some indication as to what level of
detail and what audience(s) such a source should cater for. Maybe
something suitable could be drafted and put forward as an overview for
the "Get Involved" page:
https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/

You might have misinterpreted Sophie's post. Pootle is not exclusively
related to the online version of the software, it is a
tool/facility/service used by the translators for many aspects of the
software.