On 5/4/2021 4:14 AM, Aki Tuomi wrote:
Hi!
To correctly enable/disable protocols, ensure they are (not) listed on
protocols.

doveconf protocols

tells you this.

Usually on debian based systems the easiest way is to uninstall `dovecot-pop3d`
package.

Aki

Aki, That's what I'm saying. The only place pop3 IS listed is in doveconf protocols. I'm going to try settiing the ports to 0 and see if that does the trick.

And for those who keep mentioning the firewall, understand that I'm beyond security paranoid. Simply blocking at the firewall is not enough. I want to ensure that NO ONE is listening on that port, even if it's just localhost.

--

Dan Egli