Nice idea, but I don't use Systemd. This is a Gentoo system with SELinux and Gentoo's Selinux policies conflict with Systemd.

On 5/4/2021 12:53 PM, Sven Strickroth wrote:
Hi,

I experienced the same issue in the past.

For me it was a systemd issue. In systemd (</lib/systemd/system/dovecot.socket>) all ports were listed so that systemd listens on these.

I solved it by placing the following content in </etc/systemd/system/dovecot.socket>:
--- snip ---
[Unit]
Description=Dovecot IMAP/POP3 email server activation socket

[Socket]
#dovecot expects separate IPv4 and IPv6 sockets
BindIPv6Only=ipv6-only
ListenStream=0.0.0.0:993
ListenStream=[::]:993
KeepAlive=true