Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Ken -

This is normal for the TR-7. It's why most gear has the On-Off switch on some control OTHER than the AF Gain!

The real problem is that the control was ordered by Drake as two pot sections and one switch individually rather than as an assembled unit.

Pots that are _designed_ with a switch have a "dead space" at the bottom of the rotation that is specified to allow the wiper to go to the CCW rotation of the pot element without activating the switch and still have enough mechanical travel to activate the switch.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

K Allen wrote:
I recently acquired TR-7 SN 3173, my first. Is it normal for the AF control to provide enough volume to still hear easily when full counter-clockwise or is the pot changing value with age? Only way I have of cutting audio volume down lower is by use of RF control. Doesn't bother me but I have a picky XYL who's not all that fond of my hobby. Thanks, Ken - N0VA