"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:26:26 -0500, Garey Barrell wrote:

>Pots that are  _designed_  with a switch have a "dead space" at the
>bottom of the rotation that is specified to allow the wiper to go to the
>CCW rotation of the pot element without activating the switch and still
>have enough mechanical travel to activate the switch.

It can be argued that this is a "feature", not a "bug". It's not uncommon in
the commercial radio world to have a "minimum volume level" that prevents
users from turning the volume completely down, thus eliminating the "I didn't
hear the call" excuse. And the TR7 design was, after all, offered
commercially.

These days, of course, it's done in software....

--
Jim Shorney      -->.<--Put complaints in this box
jshorney (at) inebraska.com