On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:13:44 +0100
Marco Strack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> Tuxracer is still fine. But blender didn't change. The screen is clean
> but all fonts are corrupted. It seems to me that the fonts in blender
> are also gl, but that's just an assumption.

The font corruption should be solved since about last weekend. Can you
try with current CVS. If it's still broken then maybe the SuperSavage
uses a different tiling format for certain texel formats. Right now the
driver assumes the same formats on SuperSavage as on ProSavage.

If fonts are still broken then the current code makes it quite easy to
experiment with tiling formats. You just have to change a few numbers in
the beginning of savagetex.c. I could guide you through them so you can
find the right numbers for the SuperSavage.

> Besides that you did a _GREAT_ work, and the driver speeded up in the
> last 2-3 Months as gar as i can see.
> With savage-2-0-0 i had about 270 fps in the beginning of working
> dri-support for my chip. Than it got from 325 to 378.
> And with the last code in the savage branch it reached 408. That stayed
> with the HEAD Branch since then.

Not sure where that comes from. The 3D driver changes that may have had
a positive effect on the performance were done on the Mesa trunk:

 - reorganized state management (I could hardly measure any speedup)
 - use smaller vertex formats where possible
 - more efficient texture upload (has no effect on glxgears)

Did you change any compiler options? Changing optimizations from -O0 to
-O3 gave me a good speed boost.

>    regards marco

Felix