Mark,

I've been having a similar issue with some of the dspace-core work
I've been attempting.  I'd like to have the the scaffolding exist in
dspace-api, but be able to fire it up within
dspace-core/impl/src/test/ for locally testing the new Domain Model.
But alas, I ran into the same issues that you did.  I think if we all
were to work together, we might be able to get this into a state that
it woks across modules...

Issue 1: the configuration is duplicated inside
"dspace-api/src/test/resources for an entire dspace instance and is
not kept uptodate with the existing dspace dir, we need this to not be
the case.

Issue 2: dspace-api test need to be released as an artifact to the
maven repo so taht they can be retrieved as a dependency for other
modules.

Issue 3: the way the tests are disabled right now actually causes
problems with (Issue 1) its probably wise to not disable testing by
default.

Mark

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Mark H. Wood <mw...@iupui.edu> wrote:
> Trying to be the very model of a modern Java programmer, I sketched up
> some changes in dspace-stats and then built a unit test class to
> exercise them.  Of course this exploded in my face because DSpace code
> needs considerable test scaffolding and dspace-stats didn't have any.
>
> Is there a how-to somewhere for adding the test framework to a module?
> I'm looking at https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Testing
> and see that it's somewhat outdated:  there is no dspace-test module
> anymore.
>
> --
> Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
> Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.

Mark R. Diggory
@mire - www.atmire.com
2888 Loker Avenue East - Suite 305 - Carlsbad - CA - 92010
Esperantolaan 4 - Heverlee 3001 - Belgium