Hi...

I am having a problem with an IP that keeps sending thousands of "GET
/bitstream/..." requests for the same item.

I have placed the following in my Apache.conf file:

<Directory /bitstream/>
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
allow from all
deny from {malicious ip}
</Directory>

I also placed the following in my server.xml in Tomcat:
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
deny="xxx\.xxx\.xxx\.xx" />

However, this person still seems to be getting through.  My java
process is running from 50%-80% CPU usage.  Does anyone have a good
idea on how to shutout a malicious IP in DSpace?

George Kozak
Coordinator
Web Development and Management
Digital Media Group