hi ryan,

i solved this problem by copying the concerning xsl-code section (in
your case starting with
<xsl:template match="dim:dim" mode="itemSummaryView-DIM">
as i guess)
from DIM-Handler.xls into my own created template.(if you activate your
theme it will be used instead of the code section in  DIM-Handler.xls)
i needed to understand xls but ist not too difficult, just look at the
other code an adopt it. to select your own metadata your namespace and
first part ("myown") is not relevant as i figured out, just use element
"audio" and qualifier "albumname".
in my case my metadata was ffe.comment and my coding

 <xsl:if test="dim:[EMAIL PROTECTED]'comment']">
class="bold"><i18n:text>xmlui.dri2xhtml.METS-1.0.item-comment</i18n:text>:</span></td>
                        <xsl:for-each
select="dim:[EMAIL PROTECTED]'comment']">
                                <xsl:copy-of select="./node()"/>

                        </xsl:for-each>
            </xsl:if>

works just as it should :)

there is probebly a better and easier way without coding, as you can
load up some config concerning the view in the collection configuration
in http://192.168.71.128/bib/admin/collection?collectionID=xy. but i
have no experience with this...

michael

Dipl.- Ing. Michael Steck
FfE - Forschungsstelle für Energiewirtschaft e.V.
Am Blütenanger 71
80995 München
Tel.: 089/158121-22
Fax: 089/158121-10
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.ffe.de

>>> "Ryan Kanzeg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/19/08 3:25

I am having a similar problem.  Except, I am not sure I understand the
solution provided by David.  I created my own metadata oustide of the
dc.
So I have my own namespace.  Such as this

myown.audio.albumname

I want to display albumname on the Simple Item Record in Manakin.

Thanks

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Michael Steck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Dave,
>
> i have found the answer with your help:
>
> in the DRI (or what you get by appending ?XML ) there is a
referenceset
> (in my case
>
> referenceSet

id="aspect.artifactbrowser.ItemViewer.referenceSet.collection-viewer"