Hi Mika,

Can you try requesting from:

http://dspace2.lib.helsinki.fi:8081/sword2/servicedocument/

instead?  Looking at the web.xml, it's set to recognise incoming requests to

/servicedocument/*

so it may require the trailing slash.

Cheers,

Richard

> Im trying to experiment SWORD with DSpace 1.5.2 but the SWORD Client
> says the following:
> --
> status: Requesting the document from
> http://dspace2.lib.helsinki.fi:8081/sword2/servicedocument
> status: Got the document
> status: The status is: Code: 400, Message: 'Bad Request'
> --
> Trying SWORD with browser, gives me an error message after I enter my
> userid & pass:
>
> --
> HTTP Status 400 - Unable to recognise URL as a valid service document:
> http://dspace2.lib.helsinki.fi:8081/sword2/servicedocument
> type Status report
> message Unable to recognise URL as a valid service document:
> http://dspace2.lib.helsinki.fi:8081/sword2/servicedocument
> description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
> (Unable to recognise URL as a valid service document:
> http://dspace2.lib.helsinki.fi:8081/sword2/servicedocument).
> --
>
> Im using SWORD Client by University of Wales. Can someone suggest a
> working client or a proper way to try out SWORD?
>

> Thanks,
> Mika

Richard Jones
Head Repository Systems Architect, Symplectic Limited
e: rich...@symplectic.co.uk
t: 0845 026 4755
t: +44 (0)207 7334036
w: http://www.symplectic.co.uk/