Mika,

You may also want to try out the METS Java API (or other tools) available at
http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/mets-tools.html to see what suits you best.

Scott.

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:37:33 -0400
From: Larry Stone <l...@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Producing mets.xml for SWORD
To: "mikan.d.dspace listmail" <mikan.dsp...@gmail.com>
Cc: Dspace Tech <dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>

The Harvard METS toolkit gives you an convenient (though DOM-like) API
for the METS data model, takes care of some of the housekeeping, and
it has logic to prevent schema mistakes:

http://hul.harvard.edu/mets/

There's also a toolkit that helps you build a whole submission
package, including the METS. It ought to work with SWORD too; see:
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_SIP_Toolkit

(If you develop any tricks or procedures for using it with SWORD,
please add them to that wiki page!)

  -- Larry