Changing that email address did make a difference.  The test-email script
now completes with the email successfully sending.  However, my problem is
still not fixed.  When I go to register and submit an email address the
system gives an internal system error.  So the email system says it works
but when I try to send an email through the system I get an internal server
error.  Suggestions?

I also see this error in my log but i'm not sure if it is relevant:
*2010-04-24 16:01:25,499 WARN  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet @
anonymous:session_id=8B096BC0E35E50C32D6CB5E61F823E85:ip_addr=99.195.197.103:database_error:org.postgresql.util.PSQLException\colon;
permission denied for relation eperson
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: permission denied for relation
eperson
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1531)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1313)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:188)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:354)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:258)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:93)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:93)
        at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.queryTable(DatabaseManager.java:239)
        at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.querySingleTable(DatabaseManager.java:406)
        at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.findByUnique(DatabaseManager.java:550)
        at org.dspace.eperson.EPerson.findByEmail(EPerson.java:161)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet.processEnterEmail(RegisterServlet.java:252)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet.doDSPost(RegisterServlet.java:202)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.processRequest(DSpaceServlet.java:147)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.doPost(DSpaceServlet.java:105)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at
        at
        at
org.dspace.utils.servlet.DSpaceWebappServletFilter.doFilter(DSpaceWebappServletFilter.java:112)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:769)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:698)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:891)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
*