Thx Ivan. Anybody else got tool suggestions?

On 25 January 2013 12:04, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Since upgrading to DSpace 1.8.2 in Dec/Jan the memory is climbing
> radically.
> > Does anybody else experience this. What can cause it?
>
> I don't know, if I knew I would have reported it as a bug :)
>
> But here's how I would proceed. I would find a tool to display objects
> on the heap, grouped by class name and sorted by size. That might help
> identify the offending class(es). Something like this:
>

> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/visualvm/images/heapdump-classes-screen.png
>

> Regards,
> ~~helix84
>
> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette

*Hilton Gibson*
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://ar1.sun.ac.za
http://aj1.sun.ac.za