From: Hilton Gibson [mailto:hilton.gib...@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 January 2013 10:09
To: Ivan Masár
Cc: dspace-tech
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] DSpace memory

Thx Ivan. Anybody else got tool suggestions?

On 25 January 2013 12:04, helix84
<heli...@centrum.sk<mailto:heli...@centrum.sk>> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Hilton Gibson
<hilton.gib...@gmail.com<mailto:hilton.gib...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Since upgrading to DSpace 1.8.2 in Dec/Jan the memory is climbing radically.
> Does anybody else experience this. What can cause it?
I don't know, if I knew I would have reported it as a bug :)

But here's how I would proceed. I would find a tool to display objects
on the heap, grouped by class name and sorted by size. That might help
identify the offending class(es). Something like this:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/visualvm/images/heapdump-classes-screen.png

Regards,
~~helix84

Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://ar1.sun.ac.za
http://aj1.sun.ac.za
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.