Hi,
I'm getting closer to getting a D-Star capable rig, most likely the V82 (mainly
for the low entry price).

I just wanted to check a few things...

1) It looks like the serial port is wired direct to the UT-118 module and
connected with a 2.5mm stereo jack to D9 (or D25). Does this need a level
shifter?

2) Does the V82 support remote control via the 'clone' port, or is operation of
this port limited to when a special 'clone mode' is entered?

2a) If control is an option, is there Free (/OpenSource) software for
controlling this radio?

Cheers,
Simon
VA6SDW.

PS. I found mention that the connector on/for the UT-118 is a AXN430C300,
available via special order on Digikey. Thought I would mention as it was hard
to find out.