> 1) It looks like the serial port is wired direct to the UT-118 module and
> connected with a 2.5mm stereo jack to D9 (or D25). Does this need a level
> shifter?

I found the service manual which shows the circuit for the UT-118 contains a
MAX232, so input to radio is RS232 levels.

> 2) Does the V82 support remote control via the 'clone' port, or is operation
> of this port limited to when a special 'clone mode' is entered?

I also found some programming software. By default it does not enable the DStar
settings/options, but one would assume that its controlled by a bit set in the
'.icf'.

Can anyone forward me an example '.icf' from a unit with DStar fitted?

Thanks,
Simon.