Hi.

On 01/21/12 11:45, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

>>> Moreover, I found a problem in the Cmake files that you ship.
>>
>> They're part of the Qt4 patch. I don't use cmake for the Qt3 build, for
>> largely the same reasons I got rid of the original scons build system.
>
> Well, maintaining two separate build systems is surely suboptimal. The
> cmake build system isn't my favorite either, but could you perhaps
> elaborate on the problems that it is imposing on you?

I'm not familiar with cmake, so I can't maintain and support a
cmake-based build system.

> I'm asking because my agenda on this is to get the Qt4 build
> integrated properly so that we don't have to update the patch on every
> upstream snapshot. And Qt3 is, unfortunately, not an option for use in
> a Distribution setting.

Well, I don't want to maintain two versions, and it doesn't seem to be
possible to write a program that works with both Qt versions (which says
quite a lot about Qt, in my opinion), so a switch to Qt4 would be
irrevocable - something I've tried to avoid so far. And as long as the
autoconf build system isn't ported, I'm not going to.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <mich...@mr511.de>