On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Michael Riepe <mich...@mr511.de> wrote:
> Hi.

>>> They're part of the Qt4 patch. I don't use cmake for the Qt3 build, for
>>> largely the same reasons I got rid of the original scons build system.
>>
>> Well, maintaining two separate build systems is surely suboptimal. The
>> cmake build system isn't my favorite either, but could you perhaps
>> elaborate on the problems that it is imposing on you?
>
> I'm not familiar with cmake, so I can't maintain and support a
> cmake-based build system.
>
>> I'm asking because my agenda on this is to get the Qt4 build
>> integrated properly so that we don't have to update the patch on every
>> upstream snapshot. And Qt3 is, unfortunately, not an option for use in
>> a Distribution setting.
>
> Well, I don't want to maintain two versions, and it doesn't seem to be
> possible to write a program that works with both Qt versions (which says
> quite a lot about Qt, in my opinion), so a switch to Qt4 would be
> irrevocable - something I've tried to avoid so far. And as long as the
> autoconf build system isn't ported, I'm not going to.

I see. What I understand is that the cmake build system is basically
not blessed by upstream, and it was a mistake to settle on it in the
debian package. Moreover, the qt4 patch in its current form only works
with the cmake system. Therefore, you'd require the Qt4 port to work
with the autoconf.

Did I get this correctly?

--
regards,