Wolfgang Baron <wolfgang.ba...@gmx.net> writes:

> On 04/19/2013 07:31 PM, Michael Riepe wrote:
>>
>> On 04/19/13 01:59, Wolfgang Baron wrote:
>>> I sent a mail to Sven Over some time ago, but he has not answered yet.
>>> If you like to see, what I have done in the dvbcut project, can please
>>> anybody reply to my and tell me how to proceed?
>> Maybe the best course of action would be to take over maintenance of the
>> package, if you're really willing and able to spend so much time on it.
>> Unfortunately, I can't give you write access to the repository, since
>> I'm not its owner. Only Sven can do that, and he's abandoned the project
>> years ago.
> I would be willing to do that. However, I have no experience with
> Sourceforge administration etc. So if you are willing to boot me into
> that business just a little bit, I would make this a useful and modern
> project again.

There's the Abandoned Project Takeover (APT) page
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Abandoned%20Project%20Takeovers

Creating a new project at sourceforge is pretty easy. On the homepage,
there is a link to http://sourceforge.net/create/, where you can create
and configure a new project.

Although, you can also use github, gitourious, code.google.com or any other
project
hosting site. Take whatever you're comfortable with, and let us know of
course ;-)

>> On the other hand, you don't have to use the repository on sourceforge.
>> You don't have to use subversion either. You could set up a new git or
>> mercurial repository and work with that.
> Are you talking about a completely new, forked project with a new name
> etc. in case Sven will not answer at all? No problem. However, I would
> prefer to talk to Sven about that before doing so. Does anyone know how
> to reach him? The Address of the contact link on the
> dvbcut.sourceforge.net homepage does not seem be helpful.

If he doesn't respond, you might have no other choice.

If you're willing to spend the time, you can compare the pictures at

- http://sourceforge.net/users/svenor
- https://twitter.com/spacedentist
- https://github.com/spacedentist

and see, if he is reachable through one of these channels.

Regards, Olaf