Off the coast of Dover there's a sandbank called Goodwin Sands.  It's a
shifting and treacherous sandbank that lies just below the surface of the water
and has claimed many shipwrecks over the years.

  Goodwin Sands only rises above the sea at a couple of very low "spring" tides
each year.  ONE ONE OF THESE OCCASIONS EACH YEAR, LOCALS GO AND PLAY AN ANNUAL
CRICKET MATCH ON THE SANDS.

  Now THAT'S what I call REASONABLE for a hobby!

  Dave G0OIL

"Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  At 03:45 PM 5/10/2007, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
>failing to meet any reasonable standard for acceptance - it
>should have never been added under any objective rule set.

Errrr, uhhhh, hold on a minute. Who, supposedly in his right mind,
but NOT holding an amateur radio operators license would think that
ANY DX-Pedition is reasonable? Who gets to define reasonable? As
long as no laws are broken, and the participants act voluntarily,
isn't reasonable anything we want to do? Some people jump out of
airplanes, or off of high bridges with stretchy rubber tied to their
ankles. I wouldn't do it, I think they are nuts, but they make their
own rules, just like we make ours. Reasonable is a very subjective
term. Personally, I don't think that BS7 should have been made a new
entity, but, apparently a majority of those interpreting the DXCC
rules thought it qualified.

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/