--- WC7N <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have used a ZIP drive for years for back up of DX4WIN and it does a great
> job.  I can either manually back it up when I work a new one or leave it
> alone and it will do it for me automatically.

I used to be a big fan of ZIP drives, but today, not so much.  There are lots
of reports of unreliability on the Internet.  Once you hear one "click" the
first time, you'll never get your confidence back.

I think these new USB-based "jump" or "thumb" drives are the neatest things
since sliced bread!  They're fast, portable and reliable.  And they work just
fine with Iomega Automatic Backup.

If there is one option Paul could add, it would be to spawn off a batch file
that can run the ZIP program of the users choice before backing up the log
data.  My 6MB log compresses down to about 450K, which easily fits on a floppy.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC