Very strange Dick,

I have set up my custom1 label for 7 qso and this works since many years

Are you sure that all the qso´s you like to print belong to the same group

If you have different groups this could be the answer.

Do  the qso´s have the same method ? (buro –direct  etc)

Under F2 key in preferences I have

Line 1 and 2 = marked

Labels = do nothing

QSL-method = Buro