Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:28:47 -0600
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Update on Updater
To: DX4WIN Reflector <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>

Good news:

I pulled out my laptop running Windows XP which is fully up-to-date on
fixes and I can duplicate the problem there too.

Bad news:

The fix I tried, which makes the program work on Windows XP, does NOT
work on Windows 7.

1.  If you have the update problem, were you running Windows XP or
Windows Vista/7?

2.  Does anyone running Windows XP *NOT* have the problem?  This is
also important information.

I know the Perl libraries have some issues with Daylight Savings Time.
 I thought I had fixed this last fall, but apparently not.  It may not
be fully fixable without re-writing the program using a Microsoft
compiler, which I just don't have time to do.

Maybe the fix is something like "if the file on the web sit differs
*MORE* than one hour from the file on the computer, then it needs
updating."  I hadn't thought of this as a possible solution until
right now.  This means if I release updates, they must be more then
one hour apart.  I think  I can live with this restriction.

Thanks - Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us