On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM, n4dsp <n4...@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> For starters the steps one has to take to upload a log to LOTW is many and
> confusing.
> This is well known. I downloaded and installed DXLAB. With two mouse clicks
> my log is
> uploaded to LOTW.  It's amazing. Why can we not have the same with DX4WIN?

John, I can understand your frustration.  However I disagree that the
steps to upload a log to LoTW are "many and confusing."  There are two
steps:

1.  LoTW | Export to LoTW using DX4WIN
2.  Sign and upload log using TQSL (signing is now integrated with uploading)

I used to monitor another popular logging reflector.  That program
integrates the LoTW upload into the program.  Would you like to guess
what half the list traffic consists of?  That's right, why didn't my
upload to LoTW work.  The DX4WIN reflector would quickly degenerate
into the same.  By keeping the export and upload separate, it's easier
to pinpoint where the problem is.  If the problem is with DX4WIN, then
this is the reflector to ask. However, if the problem is with LotW,
then *that* becomes the reflector to ask.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us