From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net <dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on behalf
of Paul van der Eijk <pvandere...@gmail.com>
Sent: 17 April 2020 02:04
To: DX4WIN Reflector <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Dx4win] DX4WIN

Hi,

Having read most, most likely all, messages I want to share some of my
thoughts.

1. Automatic uploads, possibly one QSO at a time, is not in my plans. My
main reason is that I expect that it requires more support than I'm willing
to provide. If something goes wrong, they call or write me while it may
have nothing to do with DX4WIN. Think about issues with certificate
changes, server not responsive etc. I simply do not have the time or
desire to add this to my support load. Using an ADIF file is a nice
separation between DX4WIN and other applications processing such file.

Note that I get plenty of emails regarding lost or misplaced license files
etc.
A number of users do not like to use the reflector for a support question,
so
I field those.

2. Interfacing with other applications UDP
Have to admit, that so far I have not found out how to do this. I would
like to
support such an interface.

Jim, AD1C, provides great support maintaining the country database, the
custom awards etc etc. He also helps users that ask him for help. I also
want to recognize the users of the reflector who are willing to put in
their
time to help other users.

I think some of you have the wrong idea about the company behind
DX4WIN. It is literally a one-man show. I'm retired and I'm glad to have a
reasonable retirement income. Income from DX4WIN is nice but it does
not feed the family!

Stay Safe

--Paul, KK4HD