> In fact, the mere existence of an independent reserve bank preempts the use
> of fiat, if you want to insist on proper term usage.

So modify the term for proper current usage, which happens on a
regular/continual basis, by removing any mention of 'government'.

Fiat money = any currency/scrip/tokens issued without redeemability

> In other words, if there are 1,000,000g comgold in circulation and I grab
> 40% of that and e-gold represents 40% of the comgold reserver and I
> exchange 10% or 100,000g of comgold for e-gold, then e-gold suddenly is
> only 36% of the total and the 4% difference are holdings of comgold in
> comgold, right?

Wrong.

How would you 'grab' 40% of the comgold? You would have to obtain the
comgold just like you obtain any other item - by exchange or theft. Either
you exchange e-gold -> comgold through some exchange provider, receive
some for some service or goods, or obtain through various illicit means,
but no matter how you do it - the amount in circulation never changes. In
order to change the amount in circulation, you go directly to comgold and
add more e-gold into the mix. For which you receive an equal amount of
comgold. The ratios of e-gold/pecunix/e-bullion/goldmoney/1mdc would then
change. The amount in circulation would decrease when you redeem out of
the system.

> But as that can't be, because comgold is not fiat, the percentage of pecinux
> and others has to increase.

100g total

60% (60g) e-gold
10% (10g) 1mdc
10% (10g) pecunix
10% (10g) e-bullion
10% (10g) goldmoney

Add 20g e-gold
Receive 20g comgold

120g total

66.7% (80g) e-gold
8.3% (10g) 1mdc
8.3% (10g) pecunix
8.3% (10g) e-bullion
8.3% (10g) goldmoney

Redeem 40g comgold -> e-gold

80g total

50% (40g) e-gold
12.5% (10g) 1mdc
12.5% (10g) pecunix
12.5% (10g) e-bullion
12.5% (10g) goldmoney

All circulation changes would be recorded and could be made available for
public view along with publicly viewable balances in every underlying
currency.

Viking Coder