Dream Title              The Crone
Title:  the crone.  pen name: Rosie

Date of Dream            Unknown
Dream                    I am on the old farm of my grandparents.  It is
long since abandoned, but the house still stands.  It is twilight on the
prairie, and the sun will set in a couple of hours.  There is no one around
but me, and I hear only the buzzing of bottle flys and the wind moving
slowly through the overgrown wheat fields.  I enter the house, and now the
lighting is dim, the house is empty save for some old papers strewn here
and there, old refuse of a life once lived here. The old blue and white
curtains still hang in the window, but they are faded and worn.  I go up
the stairs to the attic.  Here, there are old things on the floor: some old
satin cushions and pages from an old calendar.  In the far corner, I see a
bit of light shining from under a folding screen.  As I approach, I see the
claw foot legs of a bathtub.  From behind the screen comes marching an old
crone, naked from the waist up and clad in old-lady bloomers made of faded
white eyelet.  She wears a p!
!
urple velvet choker around her neck and carries a big iron mace in her
hand. She is marching furiously and determinedly towards me. With each
step, she brings her knees to her chest, and raises the mace.  She takes
the choker from her neck and places it around mine.  I look behind the
folding screen and see my grandfather lying dead under the water of the
bathtub.  The crone has killed him.
Comments by Dreamer      This is a dream I had long ago, and I have never
forgotten it in all its detail.  I would welcome any interpretations.
Permission to Comment    yes_share_comments
Permission Comments