On Mar 3, 2005, at 7:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The performance of its filter, and the way that it performs when installed
in the radio, is DISMAL!!!!!!!!

On sideband, tight skirts (the electronic kind, gentlemen!) are terribly important, maybe more so than on CW. There is nothing neater than listening to a weak SSB signal through an IF system that has a 1.2:1 shape factor. That complete absence of interference on the sides is marvelous to hear. I'd be surprised if the KSB2 manages 2:1. Just tune through loud broadcast signals on forty meters sometime; listen to the audio "images" the other side of zero
beat even on moderately strong signals.

Of course, every K2 is subject to variability in its construction and alignment. While I'll agree the filter in the KSB2 isn't perfect, I am not experiencing this kind of performance. I do not hear images in my KSB2, even with the strongest 40m signals.

I would suggest something is amiss either with your BFO alignment or with the construction of your KSB2.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901