You are much better off using the current limiting feature of your dc
supply.  A fuse is not fast enough to protect any electronic circuitry.
Strictly speaking a fuse in line is rated to protect the cable in the event
of a short circuit in the rig which would be a very big fuse, far bigger
than your psu is rated to supply most likely.  Fuses and their holders are
too slow and drop valuable volts along with the cable drop and connectors,
which all add up to a poorer distortion figure on transmit.

David
G3UNA