Positive lead fuses are a good idea.

Negative lead fuses never were a good idea unless the radio has a totally
floating negative buss.

If the negative lead fuse to the radio opens for any reason all the negative
lead current for the radio will flow through the negative lead of any
accessories connected to the power supply.

They are a terrible idea for any system with the negative lead common to
ports in and out of the radio, or to the chassis. You certainly won't catch
me using one!The negative lead needs to be connected solidly to the power
supply negative for a multitude of reasons, the most prominent of which is
if the negative lead fuse to the radio opens you can blow up accessories or
open ground traces including traces in the radio.

They are not even recommended in vehicles any longer in some countries
because of the fire and damage hazard they create.

73 Tom