> One thing that I'm puzzled about is why it is that most of the
> posters are complaining about absolute frequency display and logging,
> when the  requirements for DXCC awards and contest awards are awarded
 > by band, not frequency.

That's changing rather rapidly.  In just the last two weeks the
sponsors of the Russian DX Contest announced that all logs must now
include frequency to the nearest KHz in order to be considered for
awards.  It is no longer acceptable to simply log 7000, 14000, 21000,
etc.

Still, there is no excuse for software authors to not understand and
properly support the implementation of any supported transceiver -
particularly when the K2, K3, all Kenwood and Yaesu FT-450, FT-950,
FT-2000, FT-5000 and FT-9000 all have the same basic CAT command
configuration (FA, FB, IF, RO and XO).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV