Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:56:31 +0100
From: "Geoffrey Downs" <geoffre...@madasafish.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] UK SSB Elecraft Net
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

Just to put another view about about the royals and without going into
detail on moral and historical issues, not everyone in the UK currently
shares Adi's sentiments. Probably not the hundreds of thousands who turned
out to watch the wedding in person or the millions who watched on TV in the
UK and that's without mentioning billions worldwide - even though it may
well have been of more interest to YLs and XYLs hi. What was noticeable here
was the happy atmosphere and the large number of young people out on the
streets to see and celebrate the occasion. If we could get the same number
of young people enthused about amateur radio it would be great!

Maybe the last word could go to a headline in today's UK "Financial Times" :
"A near perfect day as globe tunes in to see Britain at its battiest - and
best"

In case "battiest" doesn't transatlanticise it means "most eccentric" or
"craziest" :-)

73 to all

Geoff
GR3UCK