On 8/6/2011 10:39 AM, Bruce McLaughlin wrote:
>   the previous response indicated, there is no fundamental reason why you
> cannot use this microphone with the K3. However, as also indicated there are
> some drawbacks. As already mentioned, it appears this particular model does
> not have directional controls and so it will be bidirectional and sensitive
> to noise from the rear. And you should be aware that ribbon microphones are
> very sensitive to shock and vibration and can be easily damaged.

YES! A ribbon mic would be a VERY poor choice for use with any ham rig.

I'm an audio professional, and I own and love three fine ribbon mics. I
use them for recording trumpet, banjo, and some voices. I wouldn't dream
of using them in my ham station.  They are delicate (easily broken),
very subject to P-popping and breathe noise, and emphasize the low end
of the voice (very bad for ham radio).

73, Jim K9YC