I think you are making a hugely arrogant and erroneous assumption that
anyone who sees the need for a printed manual is a Luddite.
"Appalling"?   Seriously?  While you may not be overtly suggesting that
Elecraft do away with manuals, below you are indeed sneering at those
who still feel the need for one.  Why on earth would you expect everyone
to be able to assemble their kit within reach of their computer?

And you are in error when you say that local printing is significantly
cheaper or greener than that provided by Elecraft when you consider the
cost of disposable ink jet cartridges.  And as my earlier post points
out, it isn't likely to save Elecraft anything either.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is unable to comprehend what they
read, and in fact many are able to think beyond what they read.

Dave  AB7E