Good Evening,
    It has really cooled down.  Dropped into the low fifties and won't
go up for as long as my forecast reads.  I don't think it is going to
frost soon but the deciduous trees are changing colors.  Lower down they
the leaves are already falling.  I spent the last few days collecting
the wood I have cut and split.  It is very dry so I am saving that for
the dead of winter.  Odd sized chunks get burnt first so I can have a
couple presentable woodpiles.  Don't want the neighbors to talk about me :)

    Propagation has been good.  Now that I have a rig to listen with
right next to this computer I can guard a few bands during the daytime.
Everytime I read of a ten meter opening I tune around to see who is on.
The antenna is just the feedline stuck in a tree after it broke free but
it works on the higher bands.  I need an extention cord for my paddles
but I am not going to transmit on this rig until I fix the doublet to
which this feedline is supposed to be connected.

    After all of the carrying this week both forearms are stiff and
sore.  Typing is painful; I wonder how it will go with paddles?  I'll
split some wood before the net by a few hours to give the muscles some
exercise and to warm them up.  Then a few aspirin and maybe you'll be
able to recognize a few words I send :)  Sometimes I have to run more
rapidly so my fingers don't get stuck open or closed.  Faster can be
easier and less painful.

Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

       Stay well,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS

-