Hi Don. I just received the digest version of your post. I don't recall
ever having said that a 48kHz sampling rate will produce a 96kHz display
span. All my postings and web site info states that the span will be
roughly equal to the sampling rate (minus a tiny amount due to the
rolloff of the anti-aliasing filter in the sound card). I saw Joe's
comment copied in the same digest message, and it is not correct. I'm
sure it was just a slip of the fingers. The confusion comes in that the
displayed span is roughly equal to twice the sound card bandwidth... not
twice the sound card sampling rate. The bandwidth of the card, of
course, is roughly half the sampling rate if it is properly implemented.

73,
Larry N8LP