John,

Put a resistor across each feedline is my advice.  A value from 22k (I
like 3 watts for legal limit rating) to 100k will discharge the static.
A DC path across the feedline is a very good protection against antenna
static damage to your rig - the path to ground is not as essential as
across the feedline, but a path to ground does add benefit as well.

You can add resistors at the feedpoint of your antennas - that gives an
added benefit of being able to check for breaks in the feedline, just
measure the resistance across the feedline.  That does not work for
loops since the closed loop should indicate a resistance that is quite
low itself.

If you care to open the Alpha Delta switch, that is a great place to
install them - if you have no other choice, put the resistors in a
PL-259 body, one lead to the center conductor and solder the other lead
to the shell - then use a Tee adapter to connect the resistor across the
feedline.

The Gas discharge tubes are effective against large charges - the ones I
have will squelch a voltage in excess of 600 volts, but below that
level, they will do nothing.  That 600 volt surge is enough to take out
the diodes in the K2 KPA100.  The K3 has more protection. but still
should not be trusted when it comes to static charges.

The simple resistor across each feedline will bleed off static and help
substantially.  An alternative to the resistor is a choke (of adequate
current capacity for the power of your station).  In a 50 ohm system,
100 uHy or greater will be good down to 160 meters.

73,
Don W3FPR