Thanks, Don.  I have a homebrew doublet with a gas discharge center
insulator and I have been under the (apparently incorrect) assumption
that I've been well protected from static buildup.  I've also got a
coaxial switch which is dialed into the dummy load when not in use.

Guess, I better go out and buy a 22K resistor now and fnish the job ;)

Appreciate the tip.

73, Stan WB2LQF