I have been using the Jameco's #319920, 15V regulated wall-wart from <http://www.jameco.com> for my Small Wonder Labs PSK-20 as recommended by the kit's designer. I have not noticed any noise from the wall wart on 20 meters, the only band supported by the PSK-20.

The wall wart is rated at 18 watts. The PSK-20 has a 5 watt transmitter, so I don't know if it will run a KX3 at full power.

Because the rated voltage of the wall wart is the same as the KX3's maximum voltage, I would feel safer putting a diode in series with it to drop the voltage below the KX3's maximum. A single diode should give about 14.3 to 14.5 volts, within the KX3's specification and above the 13.8 volts needed for battery charging.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV