Ariel,

Nothing wrong with that plan at all. Bond the computer and the KX3 together and power everything from the same AC outlet to minimize common mode noise problems. If that is not possible, you may have to add isolation transformers in the audio lines. See the information provided by Jim Brown K9YC on the bonding solution. He has posted it many times here on the Elecraft reflector.

73,
Don W3FPR