I would even reinstall the 240V service:-)

On 7/31/2016 1:20 PM, Greg wrote:
It's amazing how many people offer an opinion on what the market would be
for an Elecraft 1500 watt amplifier.  People just know it wouldn't be
successful without a clue who might or might not really be interested.
They're right...the QRP'ers would not be interested, for one, would be very
interested.  People who have amplifiers sitting on shelves collecting dust
would not be interested.  So who would be interested -- contesters and
DX'ers.

  I own a KPA500 and it is very nice; the integration with the K3 makes it a
pleasure to use...but I want the capability to run full legal limit.  I own
several full legal limit amps but would gladly get rid of one or more for an
Elecraft amp.  At my age and being retired, I care more about value,
engineering design, and service than I do about price.  There are lots of
people who spend $6 - $14K on a radio...why  not an amplifier?

The majority of serious contesters and DX'ers own a K3.  If a KPA1500 had
the same features as  the KPA500 then it would be compatible with the K3,
remember the drive required on each band, put the K3 back at 100 watts when
in standby, be upgradeable through Elecraft's utilities, have Elecraft's
service commitment, would match the K-line, would be fully self-protected,
and it would be made and serviced in the USA.  Elecraft has already dealt
with the requirements for an amp to be compatible with other rigs than the
K3 so that would not be an issue with the 1500.  Contesters especially would
appreciate convenience with the instant band switching with no need to touch
drive controls or worry about antenna selection.  I'll offer my opinion that
a lot of people who already own a 1500 watt amplifier would go ahead and
purchase an Elecraft amplifier for all the reasons mentioned.  Alphas used
to be the cat's meow but the products and service they have now don't
measure up to what Dick Ehrhorn used to offer.  I wouldn't discourage
Eric/Wayne from considering a KPA1500.  I hope they do it.  Put me on the
list to get one if/when they do.  73, Greg-N4CC

Message delivered to wes_n...@triconet.org