We just differ in opinion and I’m happy for everyone to enjoy the hobby as they
are able. The issues I see is where the Amateur code is broken. Just listen on
DX pileups sometime and you’ll hear guys that really make us look bad as a
community.

About the only time I can imagine someone needing power is perhaps a DX station
but that’s IF they can actually hear.
Doing the math I am probably missing something because I don’t see much of a
gain from 500w to 1.5kw into the same antenna system.
From memory 500w to 1k is 3db and 1k to 1.5kw is 1.5 db, so 500w to 1.5kw is
4.5db
6db is 1 S unit (from memory) so running a 1.5kw amp gives just less than 1 S
unit.

Now start factoring up the DB gain/loss for antennas/feedline.

Which gives the best bang for the buck??

Maybe I’m just slow. Seems to me a nice, instant on 500w solid state with
quality low loss feed line into a matched antenna should rock and roll.

This thread should probably die.

Enjoy the hobby as you wish. Just know any station who worked em with less
power just owned you regardless of your budget 😊

Sent from Mail for Windows 10